HELLO SPRING and HELLO BIKINI WEATHER! There is a certain vibe in the air that comes with the change of seasons and those of us who live the bikini life know exactly what’s in store for the summer! Pool parties, music festivals, beach days, surfing, swimming, tanning, road trips, discovering new beaches & surf spots, beach parties, summer romances and vacations to exotic islands … the list is endless and we are getting too excited! It’s time to get bikini ready! So where do you start? Frills, no frills, tie up sides, hipster bikini, low cut, high cut, scrunch bottom, cheeky bottoms, Brazilian bottoms… don’t be overwhelmed, we are going to give you some quick tips to help you choose the perfect bikini for your body shape this summer!
1. Know your body shape
2. Choose a bikini style & colour that best flatters your body shape
|PEAR SHAPE Small top / Big bottom GOAL: You want to make your bum look smaller so it’s more in proportion with your top half. Bikini Bottom Style: Brazilian or Cheeky Bottom bikini with thin string over hips, with high cut, generally less coverage all over because LESS MATERIAL MAKES THINGS LOOK SMALLER! This will create the illusion of longer, slimmer, sexy legs. Opt for darker colour bikini bottoms to draw less attention. CACAO BIKINI STYLE: Nalu Cheeky Bottoms & Island Escape Cheeky Bottoms in Pistachio or Black *Pair with a light or bright coloured bandeau top or balconette style swim top like the Ocean Girl Swim Top by Cacao Bikini, for a wider looking top half that is more in proportion with your bottom half. To enhance your bust wear a top with frills top like the Ariel Swim Top. Celebrity Pears – Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, JLo, Shakira|
|APPLE SHAPE Larger bust, broader shoulders with narrow hips & less defined waist. GOAL: You want to make your hips look bigger to balance out your larger top half and achieve that sexy hour glass look! Bikini Bottom Style: Tie side with bows, ruffles or thick belt bottoms will all help to increase the appearance of your hips and balance out your bigger top half. Choose a Brazilian or Cheeky Bottom bikinis to avoid saggy bum look. Opt for light or bright colour bikini bottoms to draw the focus towards your bottom half. CACAO BIKINI STYLE: Brazen Cheeky Bottoms & Island Escape Cheeky Bottoms in Mango Yellow or Watermelon. *For broad shoulders, pair with a bra style swim top like the Ocean Girl Swim Top or triangle top like the Ariel Swim Top in a darker coloured, supported bra bikini or triangle top. Celebrity Apples – Angelina Jolie, Tyra Banks, Catherine Zita-Jones|
|HOUR GLASS SHAPE: Bust & Hips nearly the same size, with a well defined waist, 9 inches or smaller than bust, curvy with full bust and shapely legs. GOAL: To show off your sexy curves Bikini Bottom Style: Similar to Pear shaped body types, Opt for a string bikini with knot ties rather than bulky bows, with little coverage, Brazilian or cheeky bottom bikinis, because less material makes your butt look smaller! CACAO BIKINI STYLE: Nalu Cheeky Bottoms & Island Escape Cheeky Bottoms *Pair with supported underwire bra like the Ocean Girl Swim Top|
or triangle swim top or bralette (coming soon to Cacao Bikini). Celebrity hour glasses – Scarlett Johanson, Mariah Carey,
|BOYISH / ATHLETE / SURFER GIRL SHAPE: Small bust, narrow hips, undefined waist. GOAL: You want to create the illusion of more curves. Bikini Bottom Style: Tie up bikini bottoms with a bow, thick waist band bikini bottoms to create the illusion of sexy curvy hips. CACAO BIKINI STYLE: Brazen Cheeky Bottoms, |
Nalu Cheeky Bottoms & Island Escape Cheeky Bottoms Celebrity Athletic shapes: Stephanie Gilmore, Sally Fitzgibbon, Alana Blanchard, Cameron Diaz, Gwen Stefani
See our quick reference guide below for how to bikini shop for specific body shape issues:
- Long in the body: You want to attract the attention to your hips and breasts with a loud bikini, do this with large prints and thick waist bands. see Brazen Cheeky Bottoms
- Short in the body: Low rise & Cheeky cut bikinis with small prints. See Cacao Bikini Cheeky Bottom Bikini range
- Short legs: High cut, cheeky bikini bottoms to elongate your legs – see Cacao Bikini Cheeky Bottom Bikini range
- Small Bust: Frills and bandeau styles – see Ariel Swim Top
- Big Busts: Supported bras, thick neck straps and or underwires – see Ocean Girl Swim Top
- Broad Shoulders: Bra style wide straps, halter-neck that breaks up neckline to define and balance out dimensions, tie side pants to balance out shoulders. see Ocean Girl Swim Top & Mamita Swim Top
- Big stomach: High waisted or belted bottom styles – see Brazen Cheeky Bottoms
- Big thighs: Stay away from frills and tie sides, wear cheeky bottoms to elongate legs – see Brazen Cheeky Bottoms or Nalu Cheeky Bottoms
- Big bums: High cut, Brazilian style, cheeky bottom bikinis – see Cacao Bikini Cheeky Bottom Bikini range
Once you know how to bikini shop for your body shape, choosing a style that’s right for you will be easy and you can feel confident and sexy on the beach!
Please leave a comment below, we’d love to hear from you!
HAPPY SHOPPING MERMAIDS!
Shop now at CACAOBIKINI.com